Saturday, April 08, 2006

McCain Goes to "Crazy-base World"

McCain Emphasizing His Conservative Bona Fides - New York Times

I don't know if anyone else happened to catch John McCain on the Daily Show with Jon Stewart, but it was a very sad show to watch as Jon Stewart, #1 fanboy of McCain, couldn't get McCain to "talk straight" about his plan to go to Liberty University (headed by Jerry Falwell) to speak.

While McCain "disassembled" about how how it wasn't pandoring to the extremists of the Republican party (he once called him an "agent of intolerance" along with Farakan and Sharpton) poor Jon kept handing him rope to either pull himself to shore, or as it turned out hang himself.

The sad part is, despite the fact I'd never vote for him because of his stand on a few issues I disagree with him on, I have some respect for the guy. Today I have a little less.

No comments: